Phillip Phillips was supposed to have his kidney surgery today, but official American Idol mouthpiece TMZ is reporting that the surgery is postponed due to Phillip's sinus infection and fever. This also means Phillip is getting out of doing the press that the winner generally has to do like stop by Disney World and go on lots of lame TV shows. So Idol's winner is nowhere to be seen, which is pretty funny. Also, the Ford Fusion he got during the finale? Phillip doesn't want it, so he gave it to his parents. Too funny!
Even when he's sick, he still doesn't give a fuck. We love Phillip Phillips! And we do hope he gets his surgery soon so he feels better. We're sure he'll find a way to ditch other responsibilities once he has the surgery, including missing parts of the tour. A tour without the winner of the show. VFTW Victory! Phillip's just crafty like that.
Not even a full day after the guitar was passed from #wgwg4 champion to #wgwg5 champion in the lowest rated finale ever, Phillip Phillips is already standing up to his new record label about the kind of music he wants to make. Phillip told The Hollywood Reporter that he has already informed his label that Home will not be his first single, saying, "The song that I did tonight that supposedly is my single, it's not really my single, I told them it's not my single... I don’t write songs like that."
Phillip also made us smile when he told reporters, "I have no shame in saying it - I’m not a great singer." Dude knows it and embraces it.
So there you have it. Phillip wants to do his own type of music and admits he's not a great singer. We really like this guy - of course, that's why we helped him win. White Guys with Guitars forever!
Edited to Add: The song Phil doesn't even like is #1 on iTunes. This guy is hilarious - he really doesn't give a shit.
We did it, Worsters! 132 million votes were cast last night, and in the end, we helped the fifth straight white guy with a guitar win American Idol. It seemed daunting at the beginning of the season, but we succeeded yet again and helped make sure Pinoybot Jessica Sanchez was left in the loser's circle. Apparently the curse of Kristy Lee Cook is even stronger than we thought - her horse must be laughing his way through the glue factory.
The guy who chewed gum on stage. The guy who gave Ryan Seacrest bunny ears every chance he got. The guy who didn't care about the songs he picked. The guy who didn't listen to Tommy Hilfiger. The guy who sang the same way every single week. The guy who multiple times on stage said that he couldn't sing as well as everyone else. He is our American Idol. Yes, he is. And we helped him achieve that goal. The cherry on the cake is that he's going to miss a lot of the tour due to his health problems - the winner of season 11 won't even be on most of the tour! The tour's booking manager must be furious.
Check back next year, when we help #wgwg6 win the show. If you are a wgwg, you must try out for the show and we will make sure you win.
And make sure you bid on the official VFTW American Idol caricatures. Now that Phillip has won, his caricature is a real collector's item!
EDITED TO ADD: #wgwg5 is trending on Twitter in the US and White Guy With Guitar is trending Worldwide. The vocabulary we make up is taking over the world.
This is for the whole enchilada, folks. And this is the closest American Idol finale in years. If Phillip Phillips wins American Idol tomorrow, we will have #wgwg5, the fifth white guy with a guitar to win this show in a row. Nothing can possibly be funnier. So tonight, you need to stop what you're doing and vote for the entire 4 hours. Get everyone you know to vote. And we're providing you with some tips on how to vote the most effective way to give us the best shot at a VFTW Victory.
● If you have AT&T, you should be texting VOTE to 5702 as much as you can. This is much faster than calling.
● If you don't have AT&T, you can dial 1-866-436-5702 or 5704 or 5706 or 5708. Try the numbers and see which is the least busy, then use that one.
● If you have a modem in your computer, you should go to DialIdol.com, download the free program, and have it autovote for you for Phil for 4 hours. You can then also dial on your cell phone at the same time.
● You also get 50 votes on AmericanIdol.com via Facebook, but these votes will be counted after your 2 hour window closes. So vote on Facebook later in the night once you're done texting and calling. You only get 50 votes, so stop after 50. Calling and texting is unlimited. If you live outside the US, just change your location to be from the US for a few hours and you can vote.
● If you live on the East coast or outside the US, you can also vote during the West coast time zone (9 PM -1 AM PST) if you have an account through Skype. You can also download the Skype app on your smartphone and vote that way. This is how Jessica's Filipino fans are voting for her. Idol is too stupid to track where votes come from, their system is not that intelligent. International Worsters can also use MagicJack, NetTalk, and Vonage to vote if you have any of those at home.